The little house in the north-eastern corner of the Upper East Garden was extended to create a vineyard house by court architect Thouret in 1804.
The contrasting forms of the ground floor and first floor catch the eye. While the ground floor is based on a geometrical pattern and built from roughly hewn stone, the upper storey is constructed entirely from wood and encircled by a balcony with natural-wood railings, which is supported by wooden pillars. It is reached from the outside by a single-run flight of steps with an intermediate landing. The exterior consists of woven debarked wood and is decorated with pieces of bark.
The conical thatched roof with large overhanging eaves is crowned by a copper pineapple plant – which replaced the original antlers. The interior of the upper storey has the ambience of a vine arbour, thanks to the rich paintings.
The building and exterior area are not open to the public.